Baked Risotto With Tomato Sauce And Pecorino (Romano)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm Onion Chopped Sea Salt
- 1 c. Arborio Rice
- 1 1/2 c. Vegetable Broth Or possibly Chicken Broth Homemade Or possibly Canned
- 1/2 c. Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c. Romano Cheese 3 Ounce, Freshly Grated
- *Original recipe used 3/4 C cheese...I lowered it to lower the fat count.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- In a 1-qt ovenproof pot, combine oil, onion and salt over moderate heat. Stir to coat onions with oil and cook till onions are soft and translucent/soft, 3-4 min. Add in rice, stirring to coat with oil, and cook 1 minute. Add in broth and tomato sauce and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat. Stir in half the cheese. Smooth top with back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover baking dish.
- Place dish in center of oven. Bake till rice is cooked through and has absorbed most of liquid, 30-35 min. Rice should be moist but not soupy. Serve immediately as a vegetable side dish or possibly main dish.
Leave a review or comment