Baked Penne Pasta
- 8 lbs penne, cooked
- 10 lbs skim ricotta cheese
- 10 lbs part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lb Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 qts white sauce
- 6 Tbs garlic, chopped
- 1/2 qt onions
- 2 Tbsp sage
- 1/4 cup thyme
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 qt tomato sauce, canned (1)
- 1 # 10 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 lbs frozen chopped spinach, drained
- 3 qts tomato sauce (2)
- 1/2 lb parmesan cheese
- Sweat onion in a sprayed pan. When translucent, add garlic and cook.
- Add dried herbs to this mix and cool.
- Combine cheeses, white sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce (1), spinach, fresh herbs, and pasta.
- Portion into 2" half hotel pans (3/4 gallon per pan).
- Cover with tomato sauce (2).
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) conventional oven for 30-40 minutes or until an internal temperature of 160 degrees F is reached.
- Cut each pan into 12 portions.
- To reheat for service, bring to an internal temperature of 150-160 F (65-70 C).
Leave a review or comment