Baked Macaroni And Cheese
- 6 c. water
- 1 tsp plus 1 t salt (divided use)
- 2 c. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 2 c. evaporated milkl
- 2 dsh Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb extra-sharp cheddar, grated and mixed with 1/2 c grated American cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Put the water and 1 Tablespoons salt into a heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the macaroni. Boil for 12 min, stirring constantly,. The macaroni should be hard but tender.
- Pour the macaroni into a colander and rinse with a little cool water, and drain. Toss the macaroni with the butter, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the Large eggs till light yellow. Add in the lowfat milk, remaining salt and Tabasco. Set aside. In a large buttered casserole dish, alternate layers of the cooked macaroni with layers of the mixed cheeses ending with the cheeses on top. Pour egg mix slowly and proportionately over the macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 to 40 min, till the custard is set and the top is bubbly and golden. 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment