Baked Halibut With Yogurt Sauce
- 1 c. Low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Grnd turmeric
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 x To 1 whole serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 med clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1/4 c. Minced fresh mint or possibly dill
- 2 tsp Minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 1 1/3 lb Halibut fillet
- Place the yogurt into a strainer which has been lined with cheesecloth. Put over a bowl and let drain in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, stir together the liquid removed yogurt, turmeric, cumin, salt, ginger root, chili, garlic, mint, cilantro and lime juice. Let the flavors blend for about 30 min at room temperature. (If making ahead, store in refrigerator.)
- With aluminum foil, line a baking dish in that the halibut will fit. Put the fish into the dish. Spread 1/3 c. of the yogurt sauce on top. Bake in a preheated, 450 degree (F) oven 12 min per inch of thickness, measuring at the thickest point, or possibly till the fish tests done.
- Serve with the remaining yogurt sauce to the side.
Leave a review or comment