Baked French Toast CasserolePrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Baked French Toast Casserole with brioche toast and caramelized topping makes the perfect easygoing and tasty make-ahead breakfast or brunch!
- 1 loaf sliced French Brioche bread (I used Trader Joe’s-remove paper around slide edges)
- 8 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups half and half cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Maple Syrup, butter and powdered sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13” baking dish. Place the slices of bread in the dish, tearing some in half to make them all fit across the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and pinch of salt using a whisk. Pour the mixture over the bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan (or use a small bowl in the microwave) combine the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat until just bubbling. Pour over the bread and bake in the oven (uncovered) for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with syrup, butter and/or powdered sugar, if desired.
Leave a review or comment