Baked Eggs In Mushroom Sauce
- 1 lb Mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 x Bouillon Cube
- 1 Tbsp. Boiling Water
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Onions
- 1/2 tsp Salt Pepper, to taste
- 6 lrg Large eggs
- Wash and slice mushrooms, stems and all. Saute/fry over medium heat in butter, stirring occasionally, for 10 min.
- Stir in flour, lowfat milk, bouillon cube dissolved in warm water, grated onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, till thick.
- Pour about 1/2 c. of sauce into each of 6 individual ramekins or possibly casseroles (sauce should be about 1" deep).
- Break an egg into each ramekin.
- Slip a spoon under egg and press into sauce so which egg will sink lightly.
- Remove spoon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven till Large eggs are cooked to desired doneness, about 20 min.
Leave a review or comment