baked 'Cordon Bleu style' Italian stuffed Chicken breastServings: 2by Foodessa345 recipes>
Yogurt has worked out to be the perfect tenderizer and flavour carrier. Light coatings adhere to yogurt marinated chicken avoiding to do the typical triple setup. Placing a cooling rack in a pan allows for these coated chicken preparation to bake perfectly so that the fried texture is not missed. For a dedicated post…refer to: https://www.foodessa.com/2019/02/crispy-baked-chicken-breast-recipes.html
- . 2 medium sized, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- . > Yogurt marinade:
- . 1/2 cup plain 'Greek style' yogurt
- . 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- . 1/2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- . 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- . 1 tsp. each sea salt and granulated garlic powder
- . 1 tsp. mild paprika
- . 1/2 tsp. each dried herbs: basil, marjoram, tarragon
- . >> Stuffing
- . 2 slices of cheese of choice (Jarlsberg is nice)
- . 2 slices of cooked ham of choice
- . >>>Coating:
- . 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs of choice
- . Tip: pre-freeze the chicken only enough so that they are easier to handle when cutting pockets. Before placing the breast into the yogurt marinade, slice a deep pocket into the thick part of the breast.
- . > YOGURT MARINADE: In a small-medium size, glass container, add the ingredients from the marinade. Stir to combine.
- . Add the breasts and turn them over a few times. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour up to overnight is best.
- . >> ASSEMBLY: Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Prepare a rack onto a shallow pan. Line the bottom with an aluminum foil.
- . STUFFING: In the pockets of the chicken breasts, slip in the ham and cheese slices.
- . COATING: Generously coat the chicken breasts into the breadcrumbs. Gently place them onto the prepared pan.
- . BAKE them for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com
Leave a review or comment