Baked Chocolate Pudding Souffle With Bananas
- 3 ounce bittersweet or possibly semisweet chocolate, minced
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- 2 x egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tsp coffee liqueur
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 sm banana
- 3 x egg whites, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. sugar powdered sugar vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Butter shallow 4-c. oval gratin pan. Dust with sugar. Mel chocolate with cream in double boiler over barely simmering water; stir till smooth. Remove from over water. Im- mediately beat in egg yolks, then liqueur and cinnamon. (Can be prepared 4 hrs ahead. Press piece of plastic wrap onto surface to prevent skim from forming. Before continuing, stir over simmering water till just hot to touch.)
- Arrange banana slices in prepared pan. Beat whites till soft peaks form. Add in the 3 Tbsp. sugar and beat till stiff but not dry.
- Fold 1/4 of whites into chocolate to lighten; carefully mix in remaining whites. Gently spread over banana slices. Bake till puffed and just springy to the touch, about 10 min. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 2 - but can be doubled or possibly tripled.
Leave a review or comment