Baked Chicken With Onions Raisins, And Sunflower Seeds
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 med onions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 x (5-oz) (150 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh thyme leaves or possibly 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) crushed dry
- 1 Tbsp. (4 g) chopped parsley paprika salt (optional) freshly grnd pepper to taste
- 1 c. (240 ml) dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. (12 g) margarine
- 1 Tbsp. (9 g) golden brown raisins
- 1 Tbsp. (8 g) unsalted dry-roasted sunflower seeds Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C, Gas Mark 6).
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add in onions and 1 Tbsp. water. Cover and saute/fry over medium-low heat till onions are wilted, about 10 min.
- Remove all visible fat from chicken breast halves. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer onions to a 2-qt (2 l) oven-proof casserole dish. Combine thyme and parsley. Sprinkle over onions.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breast halves with paprika and proportionately brown the top in the same skillet. Place on top of onions and season with salt (if using) and pepper. Pour on the wine. Bake till chicken is browned and tender, about 20 to 25 min.
- Meanwhile in a small nonstick saute/fry pan, heat margarine over medium-high heat. Add in raisins and sunflower seeds. Saute/fry till raisins are plumped and seeds are lightly browned. Spoon over chicken and serve.
Leave a review or comment