Baked Chicken With Biscuits And Gravy
- 2 1/2 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut up (2 1/2-3 lbs)
- 1 env onion soup mix, (about 1 1/2 ounce)
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup, condensed, (10 3/4 ounce can)
- 2/3 c. Water
- 1 can Mushroom stems and pcs, liquid removed(4oz)
- 2 c. Buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Parsley, flakes Paprika
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken skin sides up in ungreased baking pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. onion soup mix (dry). Mix remaining soup mix, the mushroom soup and water; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake 1 hour. Spoon mushrooms over chicken. Mix baking mix, lowfat milk, reserved onion soup mix and the parsley flakes till soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto chicken and gravy; sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered till biscuits are light brown, about 12 min.
Leave a review or comment