Baked Brisket Au Jus
- 5 lb beef brisket
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 lrg onion sliced
- 4 x celery ribs
- 1/2 c. tomato paste
- 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. brewed coffee
- Place brisket, fat- side up, in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion and celery. Stir together tomato paste, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over beef.
- Bake brisket at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Cover and bake 2 more hrs, basting with pan juices occasionally. Add in coffee; cover and bake 2 more hrs, checking every 30 min for dryness. Add in 1/4 c. water, if necessary.
- Remove brisket from pan; let stand 20 min. Cut brisket across grain into thin slices using a sharp knife. Strain pan drippings, and serve with sliced brisket.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment