Baked Beef Brisket With Fruits And Spices
- 1 x beef brisket, 5 to 6 pound
- 1 lrg onion, sliced thinly
- 3 clv garlic, sliced Water
- 1 c. apple juice
- 3/4 c. raisins
- 3/4 c. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. minced candied ginger
- 2 med tart apples, peeled, cored and minced
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- Place meat, onions, garlic in 12x18 roaster. Cover tightly with foil and bake 300 for 3 hrs. Pour juices into 1 to 1 1/2 quart. pan, and skim fat. Add in water, or possibly boil down to 2 c., whichever is necessary.
- Add in remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch mix. Pour over the meat, recover it, and return to oven till meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. more.
- Place meat on heated platter, keep hot. Add in cornstarch mix to pan, bring it to a boil, and stirring, let thicken. Pour over meat and serve with rice, or possibly noodles, or possibly mashed potatoes.
Leave a review or comment