Baked Banana Bread French Toast
- 2 c. unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 x Large eggs beaten
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 x ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 x egg substitutes
- 1/2 c. evaporated skim lowfat milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Mix together the Large eggs, applesauce, and oil in a large bowl and beat well. Add in the honey, bananas, and vanilla. Add in the flour mix slowly to the banana mix. Mix well, but don't overbeat. Pour the mix into a nonstick loaf pan. Bake till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 45 min.
- Let the banana bread cold for 10 min in the pan. Remove the bread from the pan and let it cold completely, then slice into 1-inch thick slices. Let the banana bread dry out overnight.
- The next day, beat together the egg substitute, lowfat milk, and cinnamon. Place the banana bread slices into a casserole dish. Pour the egg mix over the banana bread slices and place in the refrigerator for several hrs.
- Dot the banana bread with the butter. Bake the banana bread slices till golden, about 15 to 17 min.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Serving size: One 1-inch slice.
Leave a review or comment