Baked Apple RingPrep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 12by Jann from PA68 recipes>
This is an old family recipe from the 1940s.
- ! cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Boil water and sugar, and pour into a 9x12" pan.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, butter, egg, and milk.
- Roll out oblong, like pastry.
- Spread apples over the dough, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up like a jelly roll.
- Slice into one inch pieces and arrange in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until done.
- Cover with foil, if it seems to be drying out.
Leave a review or comment