Baked Apple "Fries"
- These faux French Fries taste so good, kids will not mind your little joke. Prep time: 10 min Bake time: 10 min Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 2 x Rome Baking Apples (about 10 ounce each), peeled, halved and cored (see note)
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Grnd Cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Apricot Jam, large pcs removed Red Food Coloring
- 1 x Heat oven to 400 F. Using a crinkle cutter, cut Apples into 2 1/2" X 1/2" French-Fry shapes. Place in bowl and toss with Sugar and Cinnamon. Transfer to lightly greased baking sheet.
- 2 x Bake about 10 min (Apples should be tender, not mushy, check after 6 min). Cold to room temperature on baking sheet. Transfer to plate.
- 3 x In small bowl mix Jam with about 6 drops Food Coloring, till color resembles Ketchup. Serve with "Fries."
- Note: Rome Apples are perfect for this recipe; they hold their shape well and are easy to cut.
Leave a review or comment