Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 x 2 pounds fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 x 2 8oz. cream cheese*
- 1 lb Bacon** (each slice cut in half)
- Split, seed and wash jalapeno peppers. Spread cream cheese in each half of split peppers, either leave in halves*Or possibly* combine the two halves to make a whole popper. Wrap each half/whole jalapeno with a bacon slice cut in half.
- Place each bacon wrapped jalapeno on a cookie sheet..bake at 250 til bacon is done, cold and serve.(Cheese will boil out if oven is set to high)
- This is even better cool the next day!!! I should have posted these for Super bowl Sunday...good with beer,wine and margaritas.
- *I have used fat free and low fat cream cheese, the amount varies as to how much cheese each individual likes in their jalapeno.**I use Turkey bacon for the wrap and it is really good, less fat too.
Leave a review or comment