Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno PoppersPrep: 30 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 15by David St. John182 recipes>
- 15 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 block Muenster cheese
- 1 lb. bulk Italian Sausage
- 2 lb. bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a frying pan partially cook bacon on medium high heat to render some of the fat. Do not brown.
- In a pot, boil 4 cups water.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, leaving the stem on one half.
- Remove seeds and ribs.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Cool by dropping pepper halves into a pot of ice water.
- Dry pepper halves on some paper towels.
- Cut a piece of Muenster cheese small enough to fit into each pepper half.
- Cover the cheese with Italian sausage.
- Wrap each half with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick through each end.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot
Leave a review or comment