Bacon & Cheese Quiche'
My family loves this dish. People that don't care for spinach love this Quiche'. You can prepare it as a main or side dish, but I find that it's a meal in itself. When you cook often, you get tired of eating the same foods continuously, so, I'm always looking to broaden my horizons. If you appreciate good food then you won't be satisfied with the status quo. Enjoy!
- 1 deep dish, ready made Pie Crust
- 1 pkg frozen Spinach
- 8 slices of maple flavored Bacon (crumbled)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Pet Milk
- 1 cup green Onions
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the Bacon on 400 degrees until well done and set aside. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Line the pie crust with 1/2 cup of both cheeses and lay aside.
- Steam the spinach, set aside.
- Saute' mushrooms in 1 tbsp butter for approx 2 min. then add onions and saute' until translucent.
- Mix in a bowl the remaining cheeses, pet milk, bacon (crumbled), eggs, onions, mushrooms, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Drain steamed spinach and add to mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Top with melted butter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until brown. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
- As a meal, it will serve 4... as a side dish, it may serve 8.
Leave a review or comment