Bacon And Onion Quiche
- 325 gm shortcrust pastry (below)
- 300 gm onions
- 200 gm smoked bacon
- 80 gm gruyere cheese
- 250 ml lowfat milk
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 x egg yolks
- 2 whl Large eggs
- 50 gm butter nutmeg
- 1 x salt and pepper
- Line a 25cm tart ring with the pastry and bake in a medium oven (375F/190C/gas mark 5) for 15-18 min.
- Remove when it is golden and there is no moisture left on the base and set aside to cold.
- Slice the onions finely and stew them in the butter in a heavy frying pan over a gentle heat.
- Cut the bacon into thin 3cm long lardons.
- Put in a little pan cover with cool water bring briefly to the boil and drain.
- Add in the bacon to the softened onions and cook together for a few moments.
- Season with a little pepper.
- Serves 6
Leave a review or comment