Baby Salmon Stuffed With Caviar (Part 3) (Assembly)
- Salmon Mousse *** Red Wine Sauce ***
- 1 x Salmon, baby, filet (@ 5- 6 ounce), head, tail and skin on
- 3 Tbsp. Caviar
- 1 Tbsp. Chives, minced
- 1 c. Wine, white
- 2 Tbsp. Puree, shallot
- 1 x Bay leaf Cucumber, sauteed, cut into strings) Tomato, minced Chives, minced Large eggs, salmon Crayfish tails
- *** These recipes should be prepared before hand.
- For the Salmon:Wash and salt and pepper the baby salmon. Pipe the salmon mousse into the inside of the salmon. Add in a line of caviar inside of the salmon, then sprinkle with chives.
- Close the fish. In a saute/fry pan, heat white wine. Add in shallot puree and bay leaf. Place the fish in the saute/fry pan (belly down) and bake in a 350 - 400 F oven for 20 min. When fish is cooked, remove from pan, remove the skin and reserve in a hot place. Heat juices in saute/fry pan for a couple of min. Strain juices into a saucepan containing a wine butter sauce (see page 28).
- For the Assembly and Garnish:Place the baby salmon on a serving dish. Ladle some of the salmon-flavored red wine sauce over half the fish and the wine butter sauce (flavored with the poaching liquid) over the other half.
- Garnish with cucumber, tomato, chives, salmon Large eggs, and crayfish tails
Leave a review or comment