Baby Corn Bake
- 15 x Tender baby corns boiled., (15 to 17)
- 1/2 c. Tamarind water
- 1 Tbsp. Channa dal
- 1 Tbsp. Udad dal
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilli pwdr
- 1 tsp Dhania, (coriander seed) pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 pch asafoetida, (3 to 4)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp Ginger crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander leaves finely minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Plain or possibly wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- The babycorn must be pressure cooked until tender.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, add in dals and saute/fry until light golden brown.
- Add in seeds, asafoetida, allow to splutter, add in ginger, garlic, stir.
- Add in tamarind water and bring to a boil.
- Add in all dry masalas and simmer until gravy thickens a bit.
- Add in sugar and flour and stir.
- When the gravy is thick take off fire.
- In a casserole, arrange the the baby corn.
- Pour the warm gravy and poke with a fork to cover all corn.
- Grill in a warm over until the gravy sizzles and dries a little.
- Garnish with minced coriander and serve warm.
- Making time: 30 min
- Makes: 6-7 servings
- Shelflife: Prepare few hrs ahead and grill just before required.
Leave a review or comment