- 1 c. couscous
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1 tsp salt or possibly to taste
- 1 c. to 1 1/4 c. water
- 1 3/4 c. black beans or possibly 1 15 ounce can
- 1 c. corn kernels
- 1/2 c. red onion, finely minced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 x jalapeno, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. roasted garlic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. to 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place couscous, cumin, and salt in a large heatproof bowl or possibly storage container and pour 1 c. boiling water on top. Cover tightly and let sit till all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 min. If the couscous is not quite tender, add in an additional 1/4 c. of boiling water, cover, and let sit for a few min longer. Fluff up with a fork.
- Toss in the beans, corn, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Fold in the extra virgin olive oil and sufficient lime juice to give the salad a puckery edge. Serve hot or possibly at room temperature.
- Cut Vegetarian
Leave a review or comment