Ayam (Chicken) PongtehPrep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
a layered texture, starting with the soft mushiness of potatoes and tender chicken cooked in the traditional pongteh-style.
- 400g chicken - cut into bite sizes
- 2 potatoes - cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp taucheo
- 4 red chilies - cut into 3-4 pieces
- 2 tbsp black/white vinegar
- 1 inch ginger - sliced
- 5 garlic - chopped
- 5 shallots - chopped
- 1 inch palm sugar
- 4 tbsp oil
- Spring onion for garnishing
- Salt to taste (go easy with it as taucheo is already salty)
- Sauté ginger, garlic and shallots in heated oil.
- Add taucheo and stir in.
- Put in potatoes, chicken and palm sugar and level up with enough water.
- Simmer and cook till both the potatoes and chicken are soft and tender.
- Pour in vinegar, salt (if needed) and chilies.
- (Add water if you prefer more gravy)
- Continue to cook for another two to three minutes.
- Off the heat and stir in spring onion.
Leave a review or comment