Avocado PastaPrep: 5 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 6by Wendi Taylor51 recipes>
Delicious, creamy (with no milk or cream!), and healthy. Makes a great side dish, or top with grilled chicken for a complete meal. Pairs well with grilled chicken, grilled or baked pork chops, baked or sauteed fish, or boiled shrimp.
- 16 oz pasta (angel hair or thin spaghetti works best / can use penne or bow-tie if desired / smaller macaroni or elbow pasta does not work well for this dish)
- 2 large avocados
- 1 large tomato, diced
- juice from one medium lemon or lime
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup water from cooking.
- Dice avocados in a large bowl.
- Add lemon or lime juice, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Mash with a fork.
- Stir in 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and mix thoroughly.
- Toss in cooked pasta.
- Add additional water 1 tbsp at a time if needed to thin sauce.
- Gently toss in tomato, almonds, and olives
- Top individual servings with grated Parmesan cheese and/or green onions (chives) if desired.
Leave a review or comment