Avocado Mousse In Meringues
- 4 x Hass avocados diced
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 c. superfine sugar
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 6 x Pink Meringue Shells (see below) Grnd toasted pumpkin seeds Avocado pwdr Blackberries unsalted butter for parchment
- 1 c. egg whites
- 1 dsh liquid red food coloring
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. confectioners' sugar
- Pink Meringue Shells: Heat oven to 200 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and lightly butter. Place egg whites in the bowl of electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed till soft peaks begin to create. Add in food coloring. Gradually add in granulated sugar, and beat till stiff, but not dry. Slowly add in confectioners' sugar, and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer meringue mix to a pastry bag fitted with a #6 large star tip. Pipe the meringue into 3-inch round disks. Then pipe two layers of meringue around the edges of each disk to create a shell. Transfer to oven, and bake till dry, about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Remove from oven, and carefully separate the meringue shells from the parchment paper, and cold on a wire rack. (Makes 8 to 10 shells)
- Press avocados through a sieve into a large bowl, using a rubber spatula. Add in sherry and 1/2 c. sugar. Stir to combine. Whip heavy cream with remaining 1/2 c. sugar till soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into avocado mix. Divide between meringue shells. Top with one or possibly more garnishes, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment