Autumn Wild Rice, Walnut, And Broccoli Salad
- 3 1/2 c. Water
- 1 c. Wild rice, rinsed Salt to taste
- 1 lb Broccoli florets, steamed Until crisp-tender
- 1/2 c. Broken walnut pcs, Toasted, or possibly pecans
- 1/2 c. Minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar or possibly sherry vinegar
- 1 cl Garlic, chopped or possibly thru pr
- 1/4 c. Plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 c. Walnut oil Salt to taste Freshly grnd pepper To taste
- Preparation Time: 0:45Bring the water to a boil and add in the rice. Add in salt to taste, bring back to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 40 min, till the rice is tender. Drain and toss with the broccoli, nuts, and parsley.
- [Meanwhile, steam broccoli and chop nuts.] Mix together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and yogurt. Whisk in the walnut oil and add in salt and pepper. Toss with the rice mix, correct the seasonings, and serve; or possibly chill till shortly before serving.
- Note: If the salad is to berefrigerated for a long time, add in the broccoli and parsley shortly before serving to retain their bright color. [Shulman says this serves 4-6. We think 3-4.]
Leave a review or comment