Autumn Broccoli Salad
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 c. Garlic oil (see note) or possibly Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan cheese Salt and freshly grnd Pepper -- to taste
- 2 lb Broccoli
- 1 pt Cherry tomatoes -- halved
- 1/3 c. Chopped green onion
- 1. In a small bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add in garlic oil gradually, whisking constantly. Whisk in 1/4 c. of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside for at least 1 hour or possibly up to 1 day.
- 2. Trim broccoli and cut into florets (reserve stalks for soup, if you like). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat; add in florets and cook till tender-crisp. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water. When cold, drain again and pat dry. Broccoli may be cooked up to 6 hrs ahead, cooled, and stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- 3. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl along with tomatoes. Add in dressing to vegetables and toss to coat well. Add in green onion and remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan and toss to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Note: To make garlic oil, add in 6 whole peeled garlic cloves to 1 pint extra virgin extra virgin olive oil. Marinate at least 1 week before using. Oil will keep indefinitely if covered and refrigerated.
- Variation: Cauliflower may be substituted for all or possibly part of the broccoli.
Leave a review or comment