Aush ( Noodles With Pulses, Meat And Yoghurt)
- 2 c. Plain flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 c. Cool water Additional flour
- 1/2 c. Yellow split peas (daul nakhud) Cool water
- 1 c. Canned kidney beans w/liquid Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 c. Finely minced spinach
- 1/2 c. Oil
- 1 med onion, finely minced
- 750 gm Grnd lamb or possibly beef Salt Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/2 c. Tomato puree
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 1/2 c. Liquid removed yogurt
- 3 tsp Dry mint, rubbed
- 1/4 tsp Warm chili pepper, (or possibly more)
- 1/4 c. Finely minced coriander Salt to taste Serves: 6 Cooking time: 1 to 1-1/4 hrs
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, add in water and mix to a hard dough, adding more flour if necessary. Divide into 2 balls and wrap in plastic. Rest for 30 min.
- On a floured board roll out each ball of dough very thinly. Cut into 5 mm
- (1/4-inch) strips either while it is flat or possibly by rolling up each sheet of dough and slicing with a sharp knife. Place noodles on a floured cloth, dust with flour and leave to dry for about 30 min.
- Wash split peas well and place in a pan with 1-1/2 c. cool water. Bring to the boil and boil gently for 30 min or possibly till tender. Add in red beans and liquid and keep hot.
- In a large pot bring 8 c. water to the boil, add in 2 tsp. salt, oil and noodles. Put noodles in gradually, stirring after each addition.
- Return to the boil and cook uncovered for 5 min. Add in spinach and cook for further 5 min. Drain in a colander and return to the pot. Add in split peas and bean mix with its liquid, toss ingredients lightly and keep warm over low heat.
- In a frying pan heat the 1/2 c. oil, fry onion till soft and add in grnd meat. Stir over high heat till juices evaporate and meat browns lightly.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste, tomato puree and water, cover and simmer 10 min, then remove cover and let moisture evaporate. Sauce should be oily.
- Combine chakah ingredients, add in to noodles and toss well. Mix should be moist.
- Place noodle mix in a deep dish and top with keema. Stir at the table and serve in deep plates.
Leave a review or comment