Aubergine With Garlic And Plum Chutney (India)
- 1 x Onion, minced
- 2 tsp Oil
- 3 x Garlic cloves Salt Fresh lime juice
- 1 x Tomato, diced
- 1 tsp Chili pwdr
- 1 tsp Garam Masala, or possibly less Salt, to taste
- 1 x Potato, cubed
- 1 x Aubergine, cubed
- 1/2 c. Water Fresh cilantro leaves Plum chutney
- 1. Saute/fry minced onion in oil till brown. Meanwhile puree peeled garlic cloves with a few grains of salt and sufficient fresh lime juice to create a paste. Add in garlic and tomato to onions; stir to combine; saute/fry till it forms a sauce. Add in red chilli pwdr (or possibly flakes), garam masala, and salt.
- Cook it for a couple of min to temper.
- 2. Add in aubergine and potato cubes; stir to coat. Add in 1/2 c. water; reduce heat. Let it cook, stirring occasionally, till done (about 15 min).
- Serve garnished with cilantro leaves. Offer plum chutney or possibly other sweet-sour relish. EACH: 161 cals, 6g fat (28% cff).
- TIP: The smaller the cubes, the faster they cook. Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch bites and aubergine into 1-inch bites so which they cook proportionately. An alternative to garam masala: season to taste with a mix of pumpkin pie spice and curry pwdr.
- Serve as entree with basmati rice and a cucumber raita; or possibly as a side dish
Leave a review or comment