Aubergine, Tomato And Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 c. Minced seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 c. Minced fresh basil
- 2 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 lrg Aubergine, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 lrg 1/2-inch-thick slices country-style French bread
- 9 ounce Soft mild goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- Combine minced tomatoes, minced fresh basil and red wine vinegar in small bowl. Season mix to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or possibly preheat broiler. Brush 6 largest aubergine slices lightly with extra virgin olive oil (reserve remaining aubergine for another use.) Brush bread lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Grill aubergine and bread till golden brown, about 4 min per side for aubergine and 2 min per side for bread. Arrange bread slices on plates. Spread goat cheese over, dividing proportionately. Top with aubergine slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using slotted spoon, mound tomato mix on aubergine, spread to cover and serve.
- Make 6
Leave a review or comment