Aubergine Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm onion, finely minced
- 1 lrg garlic clove, chopped
- 1 sm aubergine about 3/4 lb., cubed
- 1/2 can whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. cooked grains (such as kamut, brown rice or possibly barley)
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. minced fresh basil
- 2 x red bell peppers halved lengthwise and seeded
- 6 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and cook, stirring, 4 min. Add in aubergine, cover and cook till tender, about 8 min. Stir in bread crumbs, grains, Parmesan, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pepper halves in small baking dish with 1/2-inch water. Fill halves with aubergine mix: top with tomato sauce. Cover and bake 35 min.
Leave a review or comment