Athenian Artichoke Dip With Baked Pita Chips
- 14 ounce Artichoke hearts in water, liquid removed and minced
- 4 ounce Feta cheese, minced
- 1/4 c. Red or possibly green bell pepper, minced
- 1 x Clove garlic, pressed
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 3 x Green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp Dry oregano leaves
- 1/4 c. Almonds, sliced
- 5 whl wheat pita bread rounds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Using food chopper, chop artichoke hearts, cheese and bell pepper; place in 1 qt batter bowl. Using garlic press, press garlic into batter bowl. Add in mayonnaise, green onions and oregano; mix well. Spook into 8" mini-baker. Top with almonds if you like. Bake 25 - 30 min or possibly till golden and bubbly. Serve with baked pita chips, if you like.
- Yield: 2 1/2 c.
- Baked Pita Chips: Preheat oven to 400 F. Using pizza cutter, cut each pita bread round horizontally in half. Cut each half into 8 triangles. Arrange pita triangles in single layer on flat baking stone. Bake 8 - 10 min or possibly till lightly browned and crisp.
Leave a review or comment