Asparagus herb quiche
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust or homemade
- 2 cups asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces, blanched and drained well
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar or Colby, shredded
- 2 scallions, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons each, finely minced chives, dill and parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place unbaked pie crust in oven, cover with another pie pan the same size (but empty) and bake about 7 minutes or until crust is set. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place pie pan on it.
- In medium bowl, toss asparagus, cheeses, and scallions and then arrange in piecrust. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, mustard, half-in-half, salt, pepper and garlic powder, flour and herbs until mixed well. Pour over cheese and asparagus mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-35 minutes or until just set and a knife inserted about 1 inch from edge or near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes to set. Cut into wedges and serve. This is also good cold or gently reheated.
- Serves 4-8, depending on size and what else you are serving with it.
Leave a review or comment