- 32 med Asparagus spears - (abt 1 1/2 lbs) (white asparagus is excellent, too)
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slc Baguette or possibly French bread - (1" thick)
- 4 x Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 med Red onion finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Warm paprika
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 4 x Large eggs - (jumbo) Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. Finely-minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bring 4 qts water to a boil and add in 2 Tbsp. salt. Trim asparagus by snapping off butt ends. Drop asparagus into boiling water and cook 1 1/2 min or possibly till just tender. Remove and refresh in an ice water bath. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in an 8- to 10-inch saute/fry pan over medium heat. Add in bread and cook till dark golden, about 1 minute. Remove bread and add in garlic and onion and cook till softened and light golden, about 2 min. Add in both paprikas and cook 30 seconds. Remove and allow to cold.
- Place toasted bread, onion, oil and spice mix into a food processor and blend to crumbs. Place 8 asparagus spears into each of 4 ramekins. Divide bread crumbs over asparagus, drizzle with vinegar and crack 1 egg into each ramekin. Season with salt and pepper and place into oven and cook till egg is just set, about 3 to 5 min. Remove and serve at once.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment