Asian Style Cucumber SaladPrep: 60 min Servings: 4by Sylvia Waldsmith6 recipes>
I love Seaweed Salad! But, I wanted to be able to make it at home for less money than it costs at my favorite sushi restaurant! So this is my take on that delicious salad!
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly julienned*
- 2 sheets dried Nori (sushi wrappers), cut into thin strips, optional
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In medium bowl, mix together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, garlic and scallions.
- Toss in cucumbers and Nori (is using) and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring several times to distribute marinade completely.
- Drain mixture, place in bowl and toss with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- *If using regular cucumbers, cut cucumbers in half and remove seeds with a spoon.
Leave a review or comment