Asian Steamed Sweet Potato CakePrep: 2 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 10by kristy41 recipes>
Healthy Asian steamed cake to serve at anytime, anywhere.
- 280gm all purpose flour
- 200gm purple sweet potato, mashed
- 100gm sugar
- 3/4 tspn yeast
- 220ml water
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1/2 tspn salt
- Beat together flour, water, yeast, sugar & sweet potato till well combined then transfer batter to a 8" greased tray.
- Leave to rest for an hour or till double in size.
- Finally, steam for 20 minutes over preheated steamer.
- Once its done, off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes before moving out from the steamer.
- With the same steamer, steam coconut mixed with salt for 10 minutes.
- Now, leave the cake cool completely before slicing then serve with grated coconut.
Leave a review or comment