Asian Rib Eye Over Mixed Greens with Ginger DressingPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
I loved the combination of the flavorful rib eye and mushrooms over the truly delicious Asian flavored greens. You'll be using the salad dressing recipe again I'd wager, with or without the rib eye. This would make a great dish for a BBQ party or just for a delicious and casual summer dinner. We had this at my father in law's in Sacramento with a great bottle of Cabernet.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1.tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 12-ounce rib.eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 8 ounces Crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil, minced ginger, chili-garlic sauce, 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil and cilantro in a small bowl and stir to blend. Set dressing aside..
- Rub 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil over each side of each rib-eye steak. Sprinkle steaks with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and toasted sesame seeds; pressing firmly to adhere.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until browned, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer sauteed mushrooms to plate and cover to keep warm..
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to high. Oil the grate. Place steaks on the grill, cover, and cook for 4 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for 4 minutes on the other side. For smaller steaks, cook 3 minutes on each side. Steaks will be medium rare. (If grilling, you can saute the mushrooms while the steaks are on the grill). Alternatively, you can sear the steaks on the oiled skillet you used for the mushrooms. Heat the skillet to smoking hot adding 1 tsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp sesame oil, then sear the steaks for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and slice steaks into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.. Toss mixed greens with the dressing in large bowl and divide greens among plates. Top with steak slices and mushrooms and serve. We also served with a mixture of white and brown rice, and Japanese pickles and Korean kimchi on the side. YUUMMM!
Leave a review or comment