Asian Noodles With Chili And Cashews
- 813/1000 c. Plain flour
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 1/3 x Large eggs
- 1/3 x Egg
- 1/3 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1/3 sm Red chili
- 1/3 x Spring onion
- 83 1/3 gm Snow peas
- 47/250 tsp Sesame oil
- 63/1000 c. Light soy sauce
- 47/250 c. Malt vinegar
- 63/1000 c. Cashew paste
- 1/3 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1/3 tsp Lime rind
- 1/3 x Red Chili
- 47/250 c. Roasted Cashews
- Preparation: Lightly beat the Large eggs (keep the 4 and the 1 separate)
- Finely chop one of the chiles, and the spring onion. Thinly slice the snow peas. Finely shred the lime rind and the second red chili.
- As an alternative to making your own noodles, chinese thread noodles are a suitable (but not as nice!) substitute, as is tagliatelle.
- 1. To make the noodles sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add in the 4 beaten Large eggs, gradually importing into the flour with a fork. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead till smooth and elastic (about 5 min). Cover and stand for 30 min.
- 2. Divide the dough into 4 portions. Cover with a tea towel. Roll one portion of the dough to 3mm thickness using a rolling pin or possibly sharp knife. Roll up the sheet of pasta completely and cut into 5mm wide strips. Carefully unroll the strands.
- Repeat the process with the remaining portions of dough. Spread onto a dry tea towel and sprinkle with plain flour. Set aside.
- 3. Prepare the sauce whilst the pasta is standing. Heat the oil in a pan and add in the chilli, spring onion and snow peas. Cook over a low heat for 2-3 min. Add in the sesame oil , soy sauce, vinegar, cashew paste, lime juice and rind. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring, over a gentle heat for 3-4 min.
- 4. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water till just tender.
- Drain, spoon over the sauce and toss to combine. Sprinkle over shredded chili, cashews and serve.
Leave a review or comment