Asian Garlic Chicken
- 1/2 c. Distilled vinegar
- 1/2 c. Canned chicken broth
- 10 lrg Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Grnd pepper
- 2 x Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Onion pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Oriental five-spice pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Oriental sesame oil
- 3 x Bay leaves Warm cooked rice
- Whisk the vinegar, chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl to blend. Season the chicken breasts with the onion pwdr and five-spice pwdr. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in the chicken and saute/fry till golden brown about 4 min per side. Pour the vinegar mix over the chicken and add in the bay leaves. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and simmer till the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 min. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate. Boil the pan juices for another 2 min. Season to taste with salt. Spoon over chicken, discarding bay leaves. Serve with rice.
Leave a review or comment