Asian Chicken Salad In Wontons
- 48 x Wonton wrappers, thawed if frzn
- 2 tsp Five spice pwdr (if your grocery store doesn't have it, specialty stores will)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 lrg Whole, skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 med Navel orange
- 1 lrg Shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Press wonton wrappers into greased muffin c. and bake for 7 min
- 3. Combine salt with five spice pwdr and rub into chicken. Bake chicken for about 18 min on a slightly oiled baking sheet.
- 4. Remove 1 tsp zest and reserve 1 tbsp juice, then peel and chop the orange, discarding any seeds or possibly tough pulp.
- 5. Combine zest, juice, minced orange, vinegar, shallot, honey, oil, and 1/2 the cilantro.
- 6. Chop chicken to add in to salad. Chicken may be diced or possibly shredded, whichever you prefer.
- 7. Stir the chicken into the mix and spoon into c.. garnish each c. with cilantro.
- NOTE: If this recipe is too large for your needs, you may use 1/2 the salad for 24 wonton wrappers, and use the remaining salad for sandwiches. It's great in a pita. Bake the muffin c. for less time, and promptly chill leftover salad, but halving the recipe is not recommended.
Leave a review or comment