Asian Chicken Quesadilla With Grilled Pineapple Salsa Pt
- 2 x Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 c. Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
- 2 x Cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. Monterey jack, grated
- 1/4 c. White cheddar, grated
- 1 x Scallion, coarsely minced ingredients needed for grilled pineapple salsa*
- 1/2 x Ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Cilantro, coarsely minced
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1/4 med Red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 x Jalapeno, seeded and minced fine
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and fresh grnd white pepper ingredients needed for hoisin vinaigrette*
- 2 Tbsp. Red onion, finely minced
- 2 x Cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil Salt and fresh grnd white pepper
- How to Prepare the Quesadilla:1. Place the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let sit for half an hour.
- 2. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate at least 4 hrs or possibly overnight.
- 3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a large saute/fry pan over high heat till it just begins to smoke.
- 4. Place the chicken in the pan and saute/fry 5 min or possibly till golden on one side.
- 5. Lower the heat to medium, turn the chicken over and continue cooking till the chicken is almost cooked through, approximately 4 min.
- 6. Let the chicken sit for 1 minute and slice on the bias into 1/2-inch pcs (the chicken will finish cooking in the oven).
- 7. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8. Spread 1/2 the cheeses, green onion, and sliced chicken on the 2 tortillas.
- 9. Stack the 2 layers and cover with the remaining tortilla.
- 10. Bake for 8-12 min, or possibly till the tortillas are crisp and the cheese has melted.
- 11. Cut into quarters and serve warm garnished with the salsa.
- How to Prepare the Salsa:1. Heat a grill on high till it just begins to smoke. Grill the pineapple slices 2-3 min on each side till lightly browned.
- 2. Remove and cut into medium dice.
- 3. Add in the cilantro, lime, onion, jalapeno, and extra virgin olive oil.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at least 1/2 hour.
- How to Prepare the Hoisin Vinaigrette:1. Place the onion, garlic, hoisin sauce and vinegar in a blender and blend till smooth.
- 2. With the motor running, slowly add in the sesame and extra virgin olive oil, drop by drop at first, till emulsified.
- continued in part 2
Leave a review or comment