Artichoke Stuffed Manicotti
- 3 ounce Manicotti shells
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c. Red onion, minced
- 2 c. Artichoke hearts, frzn, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, minced
- 2 tsp Thyme, minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 1/2 c. Ricotta cheese, part skim lowfat milk
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 c. Spaghetti sauce, w/mushrooms, reduced
- 2 ounce Mozzarella cheese, part skim lowfat milk
- In large pot of boiling water, cook manicotti shells 6 min, or possibly till still slightly hard; drain. In large nonstick skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion; saute/fry 2-3 min, or possibly till onion is tender. Add in artichoke hearts, 1 Tbsp. parsley, thyme and salt; saute/fry 2 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add in chicken broth to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 6-7 min, till liquid evaporates. Remove skillet from heat; stir in Ricotta and Parmesan. Spread spaghetti sauce in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Spoon artichoke filling proportionately into the manicotti shells; place in baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil; bake 20 min. Remove foil. Sprinkle mozzarella and remaining parsley over shells; bake 10-12 min, or possibly till cheese melts and filling is warm.
Leave a review or comment