Artichoke And White Bean Ravioli With Fresh Green Pea Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x shallots finely minced
- 4 x garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 x artichoke hearts cooked, and thinly sliced
- 2 c. cooked white beans mashed (with some texture left)
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish liquid removed Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 sht pasta dough
- 2 x Large eggs mixed with
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 c. fresh green peas
- 3 c. vegetable stock
- 1 tsp toasted coriander seeds grnd
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced cilantro Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 x Piquillo peppers julienned
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced pitted Nicoise olives
- 2 x scallions finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb ricotta salata finely shaved Coarsely-minced cilantro
- Artichoke And White Bean Ravioli: Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the shallots and garlic and cook till soft. Add in the sliced artichokes and cook for 2 to 3 min. Add in the beans and horseradish, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a sheet of pasta dough on a lightly floured work surface and distribute a heaping tsp.-sized portion of the filling at least 2 inches apart. Use your fingertip or possibly a brush to moisten the edges of the pasta sheet with the egg wash.
- Carefully place a second sheet of the pasta dough on top of the first and press with your fingertips to separate the rows of filling. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- With a ravioli cutter or possibly pastry wheel, cut along straight lines of the vertical and horizontal to create each ravioli square. Press the edges closed with your fingertips to seal well.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully drop in the ravioli and cook for about 5 min. Drain and serve immediately.
- For the Green Pea Sauce: Place peas and vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and cook till peas are very soft. Place mix in a blender and blend till smooth. Strain back into the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook till the mix has thickened slightly. Season with coriander, lemon zest, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 min
- To Assemble: Place 5 ravioli in each bowl. Ladle green pea sauce over the ravioli, garnish with ricotta salata and cilantro.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Original title as listed is "Artichoke And White Bean Ravioli With Fresh Green Pea Sauce, Piquillo Pepper-Black Olive Relish And Ricotta Salat."
- 0 0
Leave a review or comment