Artichoke And Spinach Dip
- 3/8 c. Vegetable oil divided
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan cheese - (abt 2 ounce)
- 1/2 c. Grated Monterey Jack cheese - (abt 2 ounce)
- 1 c. Minced onions
- 10 ounce Fresh spinach stemmed, rinsed, and minced
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 2 can Artichoke hearts julienned Salt to taste Cayenne pepper to taste
- 10 sm Corn tortillas - (10 to 15) cut into fourths Vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Preheat the fryer.
- Combine 1/4 c. of the vegetable oil and flour, in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir the mix constantly for 5 to 6 min for a blond roux. Whisk in the lowfat milk and bring the liquid up to a boil. Season the liquid with salt and cayenne. Simmer the liquid for 5 to 6 min, or possibly till the liquid is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheeses. Set the sauce aside.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the remaining vegetable oil. When the oil is warm, add in the onions and saute/fry for 2 min. Stir in handfuls of spinach at a time, till all the spinach is incorporated. Add in the garlic and artichoke and saute/fry for 2 min. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne. Remove the vegetables from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Fold the Bechamel sauce into the vegetables. Turn the mix into a baking pan. Bake the dip for 10 to 15 min, or possibly till the top is golden brown-brown.
- Fry the tortilla chips, batches at a time, for about 2 to 3 min or possibly till the chips are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the chips with the dip.
- This recipe yields about 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment