Artichoke And Mushroom Salad
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 10 x baby artichokes
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. dive oil
- 3/4 c. chicken stock or possibly water
- 4 clv garlic halved
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh mint plus fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1 tsp coriander seeds lightly crushed
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns coarsely grnd
- 1 lb small white or possibly brown mushrooms quartered
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd pepper to taste
- Fill a large bowl with water and stir in lemon juice.
- Cut off stem and about 1/2 inch from tip of each artichoke.
- Peel away about 2 layers of leaves till artichokes are pale green.
- Cut artichokes into quarters lengthwise and add in artichokes to bowl of lemon water to prevent discolouration.
- In a large saucepan combine wine extra virgin olive oil stock or possibly water garlic parsley minced mint coriander and peppercorns and bring to a boil.
- Drain artichokes add in to pan cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Add in mushrooms and simmer another 10 min.
- Let cold and add in salt and pepper.
- Put in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Serve at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment