Arroz Con Pollo (Stewed Chicken And Rice)
- x Vegetable cooking spray,
- 1 c. Onion, minced
- 1/2 c. Celery, minced
- 2 cl Garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb Chicken thighs, skinless
- 16 ounce Tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 c. Rice, long-grain, uncooked
- 2 tsp Bouillon, chicken, instant =or possibly=- 2 cubes Bay leaf,
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, grnd,
- 10 ounce Green peas, frzn, optl
- 4 x gm fat
- Spray nonstick Dutch oven with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add in onion, celery and garlic; cook 3 to 5 min, or possibly till tender, stirring often. Add in remaining ingredients except peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 min. Add in peas, cover and simmer 10 min longer. To serve, remove bay leaf.
- Makes 6 servings. PreTime: about 10 min.
- Cooking Time: about 45 min.
Leave a review or comment