Apricot Glazed Brisket
- 1 x beef brisket - (4 lbs)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 4 x onions quartered lengthwise
- 8 x carrots cut 2" pcs
- 3 Tbsp. Steels Gourmet Apricot Jam
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Season brisket with salt, paprika and pepper. Place brisket fat-side down in a Dutch oven. Scatter onions and carrots around the beef. Cook 15 min. Turn brisket fat-side up and add in 1/2 c. water. Cover tightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Cook 3 to 4 hrs, till brisket is fork tender.
- Heat broiler. Remove brisket from Dutch oven and place on a broiler pan. Spread jam over brisket. Broil 6 inches from heat source 5 min, till jam is lightly browned in spots. While brisket is broiling, remove onions and carrots from cooking juices. Tilt Dutch oven and remove surface fat with a spoon.
- Let brisket rest 15 min before carving. Serve with degreased cooking juices.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Description: "This brisket is oven-baked till very tender, then spread with jam for a succulent glaze. Don"t fret about the carbohydrates in the carrots and onionsuthey"re used just to flavor the cooking liquid."
Leave a review or comment