Apricot Ginger Scones
- 3 1/4 c. Flour, all purpose
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 c. Dry apricots, diced (4oz)
- 1/3 c. Crystalized ginger, diced 2 ounce
- 1 tsp Lemon peel, grated
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- In a food processor or possibly large bowl, whirl or possibly mix together flour, sugar, baking pwdr, soda, and salt. Add in butter; whirl or possibly rub with fingers till coarse crumbs form. If using a food processor, add in apricots, ginger, and peel; pulse till just blended. Otherwise, stir them into flour mix.
- Add in buttermilk and whirl or possibly stir just till proportionately moistened.
- Scrape dough onto a floured board and knead about 6 turns or possibly till dough holds together. On a 12x15 inch lightly greased baking sheet, pat dough into an oval about 7x12 inches. With a floured knife, cut diagonal lines through dough, forming 8 or possibly 9 triangles.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven till golden, about 25 min. Break along scores to serve.
- Makes 8 or possibly 9.
Leave a review or comment