Apricot Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 10 slc day-old French bread
- 1/2 c. raspberry preserves
- 1/2 c. minced dry apricots
- 1/2 c. minced bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 c. finely-minced hazelnuts
- 3 x Large eggs
- 4 c. lowfat milk
- 1 x vanilla bean
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 pch salt
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 c. water
- Spread bread with preserves, tear into chunks and layer in a souffle dish with apricots, chocolate and hazelnuts.
- Beat Large eggs with lowfat milk. Split vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape seeds into egg mix.
- Mix sugar, salt and lemon rind. Add in to lowfat milk mix. Pour proportionately over bread in the souffle dish and cover dish with foil.
- Cut a piece of foil 2 feet by 1 foot and double it twice lengthwise to create a strip for moving the dish to and from pressure cooker.
- In a 5-qt or possibly larger pressure cooker, add in water and insert trivet. Lower souffle dish in place with foil strip.
- Close lid and bring pressure to second red ring (15 pounds pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at second red ring. Cook for 15 min.
- Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method.
- Serve hot or possibly chilled.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment