Applesauce Raisin CookiesPrep: 10 min Cook: 8-10 min Servings: 36by BearNakedBaker125 recipes>
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (chocolate covered) raisins
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 375Â°F. Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and allspice in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add applesauce and eggs; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture. Beat until well mixed. Stir in raisins by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. (Cookies will not brown; a slight imprint will remain when touched with finger.)
- Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Leave a review or comment